Monday 7 March 2016

Lawnscaping #125 colour splash



Hello.
We have a new challenge started today on the Lawnscaping blog.
Its a colour splash.
 I love these challenges and have gone slightly away from what I would normally do.
We have to fabulous Ellen Hutson as our sponsor for this challenge.



To start my card I die cut the stitched rectangle and then stamped the gingham backdrops stamp in black and adhered to a black panel cut form the scalloped rectangles 
Then on some water colour card I stamped the flower from Our Friendship grows stamp set in black archival ink as I wanted to use my Inktense pencils to water colour it.
Now usually I would consider a colour splash as one colour but I thought a rainbow would make a real splash of colour :)


Once the flower was coloured and dried i die cut it with the co ordinating dies and adhered to the gingham panel with foam tape.
The sentiment is the scripty thanks die cut which i have cut two of , one black and one white and layered them together.
I then covered both the sentiment and flower with lost of wink of stella.
Thanks for looking.



2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Kate! LOVE the colorful flower! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this flower, and how it pops off of the gingham background! This is such a perfect example for the Color Splash challenge! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by :0)